The CDJ-900NXS has a full colour LCD display which has the highest resolution out of all the CDJ models. Different views for browsing are available such as list, artwork or custom view. Wave Display is available, as well as Wave Zoom which allows for more accuracy on viewing loops and cues. Beat Count allows DJs to use rekordbox to mark required points on a song and a Phase Meter is also available which allows DJs to monitor the phase of each player with the master deck.
The CDJ-900NXS comes with the rekordbox software which allows for data analysis of music files like Wave Zoom, Key, Beat Grid or BPM. Other settings that can be made with rekordbox include Active Loop, Hotcue Auto Load, Cue and Loop for each song, and playlists can also be created. Rekordbox is also available as an app for iOS and Android devices, which is a free download.
The CDJ-900NXS brings modern Nexus functionality like five Beat Divide buttons for slicing up beats and rolling it around in a loop at different time signatures, a Beat Sync button which uses rekordbox beat grids on up to four players and syncs them to the selected master deck, a Quantize button for providing quantised loops and cue points, and a Slip Mode button which accurately brings the music back to its proper playing point after a loop, reverse or scratch performance.
The CDJ-900NXS can play music from various media such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, PCs, USB storage, audio CDs and CD-R/RW. Various formats are supported which include MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF. Music can be transferred or played directly to the CDJ-900NXS over WiFi or USB connection from iOS or Android smartphones or tablets, as well as Mac or PC computers. For a WiFi transfer, the CDJ-900NXS will need to be connected to a LAN hub which in turn should be connected to a WiFi modem router.
The CDJ-900NXS has high quality audio circuitry, a built-in sound card, a precision Wolfson DAC which reduces jitter significantly and a signal-to-noise ratio of 115dB, making this a club-ready multi player for professional performance results.
The Pioneer CDJ-900NXS Professional Multi Player features include:
- Media supported includes iOS or Android smartphones and tablets, USB storage, Mac or PC computers, audio CD and CD-R/RW
- File formats supported includes MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
- USB storage file systems supported includes FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- Frequency response of 4Hz – 20kHz
- S/N ratio of 115dB or more
- 2 x USB ports includes USB A and USB B
- 1 x RCA outputs
- 1 x Coaxial digital output
- 1 x Ethernet port
- 1 x 3.5mm Control port
- Dimensions of Width 320mm x Depth 401.8mm x Height 105.5mm
- Weighs 4.3kg
Rekordbox system requirements:
- Mac OSX 10.5.8 / 10.6 / 10.7 / 10.8
- Windows XP (SP3 and above) / Windows Vista (SP2 and above) / Windows 7 / Windows 8
- Windows XP Pro x64 not supported